[mythtv-users] Hardware failure?

Patrick Davila pdavila at thelinuxlink.net
Tue Mar 22 14:54:35 UTC 2005

Hello all,
I have a dedicated MythTV box with a 1 year old Hauppauge 350 card. I built
it a couple months back running FC3 via Jarod's How-To. Everything was
working great on it until a couple days ago after I moved it to the family
room. It seems everything is loading up ok except the encoder portion of
the card is not initializing and I'm not able to watch/record live tv. The
decoder works perfectly as I can watch previously recorded shows. My
remote is working fine as well. I cleaned out old versions of the kernel
and the different various modules required for MythTV but nothing worked.
Is there any way to determine if the card is dying? What's the easiest way
to debug this? All and any help is much appreciated.

--
Patrick Davila
http://thelinuxlink.net/tllts/ - The Linux Link Tech Show