[mythtv-users] Re: Any suggestions for DVD+R linux tools?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 21:53:15 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of joe.white at wachovia.com
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 2:23 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] Re: Any suggestions for DVD+R linux tools?

This was written a little over a year ago.  Is dvdauthor still the only dvd
authoring tool available for linux?  Any other preferred tools out there?
Either linux or windows.
jw

------------------------------

First things first. Please do not post to the list in html. Not only does
that format allow the psssing of viruses it makes viewing the digest version
of the list almost impossible.

As to your question about dvd tools. The linux tools are still very limited
and AFAIK there still does not exist a killer application that does it all.
I cannot comment on windows. Last time I tried windows it still was not done
8 hours later.

One promising linux application is DVDStyler but I cannot use it myself. It
requires you to recompile a couple of apps used by mythtv. The changes
needed for DVDStyper broke mythtv for me so it never got tested here.

My current method of creating a dvd is a bit of work but it makes what I
need. I use avidemux2 to split the video and sound and then mplex and
dvdauthor to create the dvd structure and finally growisofs to burn the
disc.