[mythtv-users] Digital TV tuners and recording sound

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 03:32:27 UTC 2005

My Avermedia 771's record the sound with the stream.  I would hate
having to plug them into the sound card, becuase I would need three I
imagine.  One for each of my two tuners, and one for playback!

Dave

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:57:25 +1100, Phill Edwards
<philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do digital TV tuners need to be
> plugged into sound card inputs in order to record the sound (like
> analogue bt8x8 cards)? Or do they just write the sound to disk as part
> of the MPEG2 stream?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.