[mythtv-users] DVB card for Australia (melbourne)

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sun Mar 20 12:50:19 UTC 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 08:02:34PM +1000, David Whyte wrote:
> How easy are they to set up, and will it play nice with my two 771's?

It'll work with your 771s OK. The support for the new cards MIGHT be in
2.6.11, else you'll have to patch the kernel source and compile
yourself. ie yes it's probably still messy, for the next couple of
months at least.

> I am a linux noob and setting up the 771's was a reasonable amount of
> pain for me.
>
> Also, are you suggesting one of these as my third card won't cause the
> buffer overflows, or are you suggesting replacing *all* of them?

You'll have to try it and see. For me, one 761 + SATA controller on the
PCI bus was too much. (And the 771 is no different from the 761 in this
regard).

You might get away with 3x771, or you might find that any additional data
(from another 771, or a KWorld or whatever) breaks everything.

Hamish