[mythtv-users] XBox Frontend Font Size

kanetse at gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 21:31:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:53:37 -0500, Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:33:02 -0800, kanetse at gmail.com
> <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've never modified the theme files.  How is that done?  Where are the
> > theme files located?
>
> Sorry I took so long to reply.
>
> I use Titivillus, it's probably similar for the other themes as well.
>
> The themes are located in /usr/share/mythtv/themes on your xbox.
>
> In the file /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Titivillus/theme.xml
>
> Under the section labeled <genericbutton>
> Under both sections <text> and <activetext> on lines 134 and 152
> change the font size attribute from 28 to 24.
>
> That will resize the text in all of the menus.
>
> --
> I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
> Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.

Thank you, that solved my problem.  I also had to edit the ui.xml file
to make the text litle more visible in the Watch Recordings menu too.

Any idea on how to make the icons (commercials flagged, bookmark
present, uuto-expirt etc.) show up?  That line seems to be absent from
the "Watch Recordings" view in XBox version of the Titivillus skin.