[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA-M

Örn Einar Hansen orn_hansen at thalamus.nu
Sat Mar 19 02:01:10 UTC 2005

Şann Föstudagur 18 mars 2005 20:42 skrifaği Ivor Hewitt:

> Mythtv operates by encoding and then decoding the video stream to provide
> you with live tv pausing.
>
> This is why you can watch TV with xawtv and not with mythtv.

  I'd find that hard to believe ... we're talking about a 1GHz machine, and I
was able to watch a movie on my old AMD-K6 400 fer kriss sakes.  My 1.4GHz
Ahtlon XP machine was capable of letting me watch live TV with MythTV, and do
a whole lot of other stuff at the same time, without ever going anywhere near
top use.  But even then, a hardware "encoder" should certainly tip the
balance?