[mythtv-users] DVB EIT/EPG

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:21:58 UTC 2005

I have a system with two DVB-T (uk) receivers which i've just upgraded
to 0.17 from 0.16. I have a few questions regarding program guide data
(EPG). I've tried enabing the in-built guide grabber (by uncommenting
the DVB_USING_EIT setting) but i'm having a few problems.

Firstly, it only appears to be getting guide data when i'm watching /
recording and not when the system is idle, is this correct / expected?

Secondly, I only appear to be getting guide data for the mux/transport
i'm tuned to, even though in the UK (Freeview) the guide data for all
muxes are sent on every mux, is this correct / expected? The result is
that i'd have to sit there watching a channel for each mux in turn to
fully update the guide, not ideal!

Previously i've been using tv_grab_dvb with great success to get my
guide data (the system has no internet connection), is it possible to
still use this tool until the wrinkles with the internal guide grabber
have been sorted? ... or have the database changes made current
versions of tv_grab_dvb unusable?

Thank in advance for any help!

Steve