[mythtv-users] MobileMyth?

Nathan Hesson nhesson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 23:59:48 UTC 2005

Rather new to the mythtv scene but had an idea and wanted to see what
kindof response this got.  I know some c++ programming and am looking
at trying to build a MobileMyth extension.  It would be a complete
linux from scratch operating system that is intended to run on a
lightweight, machine for your car.  My idea is that you have an
external harddrive (be it usb or firewire or flashdrive or whatever
and you select from a mythweb interface or interfacein mythtv what
content you would like to transfer (music movies games recordings
images)  You then transfer then to the drive and plug the drive into a
seperate computer in your car.  It then reads the drive and you have a
mythtv interface to select all of the content that you just selected.
I know you could export everything and load it to a notebook or
something but i am looking at doing something that would take very
little time to select.  Kindof a set it and forget it.  Also it would
be very cool if you could control it via a touchpanel but that
shouldnt be too hard to interpret mouse movements.  Anyway, that was
kind of long so I will shutup and see what everyone thinks.
Thanks
Nathan
p.s.  If this has been talked about before please let me know.  i
looked around and could not find anything.
--
Nathan Hesson
AV Systems Programmer
nhesson at gmail.com