[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au issues in ACT

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 18 01:38:57 UTC 2005

Matthew Phillips wrote:

>> I know this is a little off topic and I appologies, I am having
>> problems getting updates for ACT Free to air programming information
>> when I run mythfilldatabase I get the following errors.
>
> d1 doesn't provide data for all states, even though their web service
> claims otherwise. In those states (SA, where I am, is one) you need to
> use an alternate tv_grab_au that scrapes another site. One written by
> Damon Searle (thanks btw!) uses tvguide.ninemsn.com.au. I can repost
> that if needed.

The additional "advantage" of using the ninemsn scraper is that you get
program information for ABC 2 and SBS News if you are using a DVB card.
Not a massive advantage I will admit, but an advantage nonetheless.

The script will need a little modification to add the new channels -
look for the section defining channels for your region (circa line 260
for Melbourne) and add $channels("ABC2")="ABC2" and $channels("SBS
News")="SBSN".  This will cause the new channels to appear with
appropriately named XMLTV IDs.

SBS News is not likely to be of much interest to you unless you speak a
language other than English.  ABC 2 can be good for catching programs
that were missed due to conflicts, though they do seem to repeat stuff
ad-nauseum.  (Sure, I can now catch MediaWatch, but I don't really need
to see it five times a week)