[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA-M

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Thu Mar 17 22:56:07 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 20:13 +0000, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> On Thursday 17 Mar 2005 19:16, Torsten Schenkel wrote:
>

> > I don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt the Epia has the muscle for
> > on the fly compression decompression and i/o bandwidth for twice full
> > size PAL video (to and fro the processor) and twice compressed video (to
> > and from HD)
> >
> Many people are successfully using EPIA based myth boxes... and if you're
> using the embedded mpeg decoder they're not even stretched.

How is that done?  By using a closed-source driver?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"... going to war without France is like going deer hunting
without an accordion. You just leave a lot of useless noisy
baggage behind."
Jed Babbin, former deputy undersecretary of defense in the first
Bush administration