[mythtv-users] DVB card for Australia (melbourne)

Matthew Phillips mythtv at mattp.name
Thu Mar 17 10:19:41 UTC 2005

On 16/03/2005, at 6:58 PM, Tim Ansell wrote:
> I'm using a VP card here in Adelaide. It works pretty well for all
> channels apart from Seven (which seems to be a mythtv problem I'm yet
> debug).
>
> My system is also not fast enough to do HDTV, but I'm not sure what the
> problem is.
>
> I also like the VP remote. It's got a nice feel and xmodmap allows it
> become a good interface to mythtv.

Interesting. I took another approach and used mythweb to remap the key
-> action settings for myth rather than globally remap the keyboard.
The downside is that I also had to generate equivalent mappings for
xine and mplayer. I did it that way so that, when logged into the
system as anyone but the mythtv user, I get standard keyboard behavior.

The VP card is indeed pretty good. I have it working here in Adelaide
without any serious issues.

Matthew.