[mythtv-users] [Australian Program Guide Listings - FoxtelMissing]

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Thu Mar 17 09:51:36 UTC 2005

    Joshua> Sssh! Don't tell everyone but d1's grabber is still
    Joshua> working (as of Saturday -- I only see my mythbox once a
    Joshua> week).

Have you had any problems with the quality of the data retrieved from
d1?

On some occasions I have noticed the times are completely out (so I
get the last 30 minutes of the previous show but miss out on the last
30 minutes of the show I wanted), on other occasions it gets the wrong
TV show for a given time slot.

Anyone else noticed similar problems?

(Melbourne free-to-air TV).

It seems like as I result, I always have to double check myth's guide
to make sure it got it correct.

Also, my wishlist:

If I setup program A to record on channel X, immediately followed by
show B on the same channel. This generally works fine as is. However,
TV shows generally run late, hence we usually set A to record up to 10
minutes late. This may be required because show A runs on another day
when it is not followed by show B. However, this means show A
conflicts with show B.

Ideally, it would be nice if mythtv could realize that the same input
data could be used to write both shows. Is this possible?

The alternative, that we currently use, is to set each program up to
"record only this time", so you can manually adjust the end time for
each time slot. Unfortunately, TV stations seem to swap/change TV
shows so often that this frequently results in missing a show.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>