[mythtv-users] Re: 1000th picture quality question

Chad Delatte gremlin190 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 21:25:14 UTC 2005

Yay, I finally have a following.  I was just fixing to
put my system up on Ebay b/c I was getting aggrevated
with it and was beginning to feel like it wasn't worth
time.

Alright, First question.  What version pvr 250 do you
have?  I know mine is the new version, I believe it's
an ivt-16?  All I know is that it ends with 16 and not
15 like the older cards do.

Second question, when you play with the live tv
settings such as bitrate and recording type, do you
notice any real difference.  I don't feel I notice any
difference.  I know it's actually changing the
settings though, because when I query the ivtv driver
it matches the setting in myth.  Also changing the
screen size does things.

Final question.  Does everyone agree that dvd playback
looks great?

First comment. I have tried many different driver
versions and firmwares.  They all have the same issue.

Second comment.  I tried outputing thru mplayer and
quality is just as bad.

Final comment.  I have inputed thru s-video a color
bar picture.  The picture was very blocky and was a
still picture (no movement).  I connected my ps2 and
used Devil May Cry game for my color bars.