[mythtv-users] Sound Levels from my Myth box

John Williams williamsbyron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 20:57:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:51:25 -0500, joe.white at wachovia.com
<joe.white at wachovia.com> wrote:

> This is a "trivial, yet annoying" audio issue that I am experiencing.  My
> Myth box is louder than all of my other components.  When I flip my crappy
> Technics receiver to from my DVD player to my Myth box, I get what I have
> always called a 60Hz hum and have to turn the receiver volume way down.  So,
> thinking to set the volume levels to the same as my DVD and VCR, I went to
> KMix and turned down the volume.  It did lower the audio volume, but did not
> effect the "placement" of the 60Hz hum.  So now even though the DVD/VCR/Myth
> Volume levels are comparable, the hum kicks in at about half the standard
> volume when I am on the Myth box.
>
> The sound is coming out of the 3.5mm onboard sound socket on my ASUS A7N8X-E
> Deluxe motherboard.  Yeah, I know its a waste, but I can't upgrade my
> ancient crappy Technics receiver until September.  In the interim, are there
> any sound settings I might try?
>
> thanks
> jw

Joe,
I've noticed a similar hum in my box, but it is connected directly to
my TV from the sound card. I have decided mine was from the on board
sound having a lot of electrical noise from the other stuff in the
box. Mine even gets worse when the panel goes shows on screen, so it
may even be coming from my video card or the AGP traces??

I'm anxious to hear the answers you get.
John Williams

--
I have plenty of G Mail invites. Ask me if you'd like one. G Mail
rocks for  email lists.