[mythtv-users] Sound Levels from my Myth box

joe.white at wachovia.com joe.white at wachovia.com
Tue Mar 15 20:51:25 UTC 2005

This is a "trivial, yet annoying" audio issue that I am experiencing.  My
Myth box is louder than all of my other components.  When I flip my crappy
Technics receiver to from my DVD player to my Myth box, I get what I have
always called a 60Hz hum and have to turn the receiver volume way down.
So, thinking to set the volume levels to the same as my DVD and VCR, I
went to KMix and turned down the volume.  It did lower the audio volume,
but did not effect the "placement" of the 60Hz hum.  So now even though
the DVD/VCR/Myth Volume levels are comparable, the hum kicks in at about
half the standard volume when I am on the Myth box.

The sound is coming out of the 3.5mm onboard sound socket on my ASUS
A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard.  Yeah, I know its a waste, but I can't upgrade
my ancient crappy Technics receiver until September.  In the interim, are
there any sound settings I might try?

thanks
jw