[mythtv-users] Where can I buy a xbox to make a frontend?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Mar 15 12:39:01 UTC 2005

> I'd really like to build a linux xbox mythtv frontend.
> Although I've read there are issues with the version 1.6 xbox.

1.6 boxes can be used. You will need to use the UDE2 exploit but it does
work. I have one currently running as a frontend. Chances are good that you
will not be able to find any older boxes buying new. Christmas took care of
most older stock on shelves. I would suggest you look at ebay as they sell
several a day. You might even be able to find one with a mod chip already
installed so all you need to do is reflash and go.