[mythtv-users] Is mythTV ready for prime time?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:01:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:47:03 +1100, Kevin Saenz <ksaenz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I threw in the towel with Suse9.0 and 9.1 (I was testing Suse as place
> of employment is a Novell house). There are a few people who have had
> success with using mythtv on suse.
>
> I was thinking of using knoppMyth the only question that I has was
> does it support dvb? So far I have not found an answer to that.

KnoppMyth is just the distro; based on Knoppix, which is based on
Debian.  but you knew that. :)  i think your question was meant to be:
"does Myth support DVB?", correct?
i can't give a definitive answer on that because i'm not 100% certain
on what DVB is.  but i'm guessing you're referring to the DVB cards.
too bad the KnoppMyth forum is down at the moment, i'm sure you could
find the answer there.  this might help though:
http://www.pvrguide.no-ip.com/bbs/lofiversion/index.php?t4506.html
http://knoppmythwiki.homelinux.org/index.php?page=DVBHowTo

hopefully that will help a bit.

KnoppMyth is a great distro.  it's not quite as hyped up as FC2/3 here
in the Myth mailing list.  but it's extremely easy to get up and
running.