[mythtv-users] DirecTV w/out serial port

Mark L. Cukier mark at pemicro.com
Mon Mar 14 22:04:52 UTC 2005

Kel:

That plug on the back of your DirectTV may well be a serial port!!! The
serial port on the back of my series 1 TiVo is the same thing... As for
how to test that, I'm not sure.... but I'd be it's what you're looking
for! (do you have the documentation for your Box?)

- Mark

Kelly wrote:

>I'm down to just a few issues while waiting for my HD-3000 card.
>
>Sound. Looks like I need a plug for my SAT receiver for RCA R/L out to
>a single or double(?) plug for the input on my SB sound card. Then I
>can see if I got sound working.
>
>Next, and the most disappointing, I seem to have the only DirecTV
>reciver w/out a friggin serial port. I have a plug that is the same as
>what is on my PVR-250 IR plug. So does this mean I need a IRBlaster to
>stick to the front of my SAT and the other end to my COM1? I have read
>that this makes changing channels have a 4 - 5 second delay.
>
>DirecTV Hughes Model GAEBO
>
>Kel

____________________________
*Mark L. Cukier*, /Design Engineer/