[mythtv-users] [PVR-350 TVOUT - Watch DivX?]

Mon Mar 14 13:10:40 UTC 2005

Peoples,

After playing around with mplayer's ivtv/ivtvosd output and not been very impressed by the output, I had a thought that you could use mencoder to re-encode the video to mpeg 2 and then just pipe it out to the ivtv video decoder device.

mencoder divx-movie.avi -of mpeg -o /dev/video16 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video acodec=mp2

Appears to give me watchable video, but no sound.

Does anyone know how to get mencoder to output the sound stream so it will play on the PVR-350?

M.