[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

trev trev at g7pvs.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 18:02:25 UTC 2005

Hi
I sort of solved my problem of getting rid of the KDE panel on the TV and
switching keyboard focus on non-xinerama dual head screens although its a bit
naff:
If before I start mythfrontend I use a fantastic program from the website:
http://wiki.gentoo-italia.net/index.php/Dual_Monitors
to switch the mouse over, I can minimize the panel at the bottom of the
screen.
Then after starting mythfrontend, if I want to set the keyboard focus to the
TV, I run:
xterm -display localhost:0.1
exit out of the xterm, then I have keyboard focus on the TV.
The website mentioned above did say the mouse focus program would also work to
change the keyboard focus, but I found that the it didn't appear to on my
setup.
I hope this helps anyone else running non-xinerama dual head screens.

Best Regards

Trev