[mythtv-users] recording on non master backend

Peter van Rensburg thenephilim13 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 20:36:00 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have the following simple setup:

living room:

hometheater system
comcast 6412 stb
epia with nfs root fs, running frontend and non master
backend

office:

server running master backend

With the EPIA connected to the cable receiver via
firewire, I want it to change the channel and record
via firewire, storing the data on it's root fs (which
is actually nfs mounted on master backend server).
So the master backend runs the mysql db and does the
xml processing etc. I quickly setup myth everywhere
but it seems that the frontend always connects to the
master backend when trying to watch tv, as apposed to
the non master (local) backend. How can I change this?
Is it possible to do what I want to do?

Thanks
Peter