[mythtv-users] HDTV ringbuffer possibly causes missed 13 minutes of West Wing?

Julian Edwards ed at julian-edwards.com
Thu Mar 10 20:13:42 UTC 2005

Jules Gosnell wrote:

> that's what i thought - but the losses are so regular - 40-50 seconds
> into a recording, and usually the same amount lost, that I am moving
> away from that theory.
>
> I guess I will just have to miss 15 mins a show until i see some sort
> of regular pattern - I will probably fiddle with setup options and see
> if they have any effect on these periods...

Do you have any signal issues in the backend log for any part of the
recording?  It might be worth correlating with the segments that you're
losing just to see if there's a link.

Next time I lose part of a recording I'll do the same check, although
since I upgraded to FC2 from FC1 it's not happened.  Maybe it's
something to do with the DVB drivers?

--
Julian Edwards
http://www.julian-edwards.com/