[mythtv-users] 0.17cvs mythmusic directory tree sort problem

Michael Ford mford2 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 10 01:16:36 UTC 2005

I've noticed some strange behavior since upgrading from .16cvs to .17cvs.  I
have my filesystem organized in the standard genre,artist,album,title format.
Before upgrading if I simply checked the ignore id3 tag button and everything
scanned perfectly.  Now when I scan my database I get this structure in the
selection tree:
"unknown genre"-->artist-->album-->0-genre

I noticed there is a "directory" setting to mirror the actual directory tree
but that results in this structure:
genre-->artist-->title-->0-genre

I took a look at the database and it looks like the artist information is
getting populated in the new compilation_artist column instead of the artist
column and as a result all the data is shifted over by one.

If there is something I am doing wrong based on the new compilation_artist
stuff please let me know.  Any help would be appreciated.

--
Mike Ford