[mythtv-users] Getting mythtranscode to work with MP3 audio

David Morrison themorrisons at btconnect.com
Thu Mar 10 20:00:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

A few days ago I posted a problem with my gentoo box which has a
Nova-T DVB card and mythtranscode. My problem was that mythtranscode
failed with an error of "Only MP2 audio is currently supported".

I think the problem is that the audio stream being saved into the .nuv
files is in MP3. If I run the file through mplayer I get the following:

Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
MP3lib: init layer2&3 finished, tables done
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 24000->192000 (192.0 kbit)
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm:mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)

So, is there anyway I can use mythtv's built in transcoder or can I
make my recording in mp2, or will mythtranscode be updated to handle
mp3 files? (Or am I wrong on all this?)

Dave