[mythtv-users] SA3000 and sound switching

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Mar 10 19:43:55 UTC 2005

>>> "Kendric Beachey" <kendric.beachey at gmail.com> 03/10/05 2:15 PM >>>
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:05:58 -0500, PAUL WILLIAMSON
>Lucky duck...my digital cable box (something from Pioneer) has the
>dual outputs too, but they work like this:
>
>Channels 100-infinity: digital cable
>    analog output carries 2-channel analog audio
>    digital output carries 5.1 encoded digital sound, woohoo!
>Channels 1-99: analog cable
>    analog output carries 2-channel analog audio
>    digital output carries 5.1 encoded digital SILENCE

Kendric,

That's somewhat how mine works...except
I get silence on 100-infinity from the analog audio
channels.  I'm not sure if that was clear.

Now I'm wondering if I could hook up my myth box
to one of the tape loops and have lirc switch the
source on the HTR to the cable box and the
destination to the myth box?  Hmm, sounds like
too much work.  Maybe I'll just go with the rg-6
coax connection and be done with it.

Paul