[mythtv-users] Rogers SA3250 with Firewire?

Colin Smillie csmillie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:46:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:06:30 -0700, Greg Miller
<gregs_lists at millernet.ca> wrote:
> I just checked with shaw cable in Calgary and the said that they have cable
> boxes that support firewire.
>
> Greg

Unfortunately I'm in Toronto and only Rogers covers my building.  I
sent an email yesterday to Rogers after failing to get any response
from my SA3250 via the Firewire ports.  Here's their response:

"We are happy to assist you. We are unaware of any plans to provide HD
programming through these ports at this time. At this time, these ports
of the back of the digital terminal are not enabled. We will certainly
advise the public should there be any changes in our services whereby
these ports will be utilized.

We appreciate your continuing patronage.  Please contact us at your
convenience if you have any further inquiries."

The Rogers SA3250 has DVI and composite connectors, neither of which
are much good at the moment as a source of input into myth.

Colin