[mythtv-users] Widescreen switching

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Mar 10 15:27:39 UTC 2005

In message <003a01c52584$c4c717a0$fd01a8c0 at DTSPRO>
        Mike Parkins <mikeparkins at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I should have mentioned that I'm using just a TV at the moment, a
> Philips 100HZ 36" widescreen. It's only 2 years old otherwise I'd
> consider trading up to an LCD with DVI input! Part of my XF86Config file
> is below - Some of which I have left untouched (like 'metamodes')
> because I don't understand it! DisplaySize did a lot to get my picture
> size right, including making it anamorphic all the time so once set, I
> don't need to change the TV settings again until it's turned on again.

Can't you set a permanent default for the display format on
the TV menus somewhere? You can on my Hitachi.

If you can't then I think you're stuffed as S-Video doesn't have
the capability to specify the aspect ratio like SCART does.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/