[mythtv-users] Widescreen switching

Mike Parkins mikeparkins at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 10 21:55:13 UTC 2005

My Phirips remembers the non-widescreen mode you left it in (I usually
have it on 14:9 partial zoom as a compromise) but won't stay in
widescreen unless it senses the WSS flag which is sent in the VBI of an
analogue video signal. At this point, I'm lost because I don't know how
the widescreen flag gets through the DTT system and through Myth and all
the other stuff in the chain. I know it works on the freeview box
though.

I have set the DisplaySize value to a 16:9 ratio to give me a permanent
anamorphic S-Video output which my tv likes but I have to keep putting
it in widescreen mode every time I turn it on. 4:3 programmes appear
with the usual black curtains but 16:9 material looks great. Myth info
banners are a bit too wide this way but the menus are setup to fit the
screen through Mythtv setup options.

I think I'm stuffed. :-(