[mythtv-users] Re: MythViewer 0.01 available

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Mar 9 20:37:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 02:27:19PM -0600, Greg Mitchell wrote:

>> Are you sure that's the error msg?  There isn't any reference
>> to a module named "wxc" in my program nor can I find that in
>> anything else on my system.
>
> Here's the exact output :/
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./mv.py", line 7, in ?
>     import sys,wx,MySQLdb,os,popen2,threading,types,datetime
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wx/__init__.py", line 45, in ?
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/__init__.py", line 20, in ?
> ImportError: No module named wxc
>
> fwiw, if I run the python interpreter and type "import wx" I
> get essentially the same thing (with the obvious exception of
> the top 2 lines

Yup, it looks like something in the wxPython installaion is
broken. Google found a few people with similar problems, but
most of them seem to be older versions.  The link below reports
the same error message with 2.5.3.1 and says that removing
wxPython and wxGTK and then re-installing them worked:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2005-02/msg00171.html

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com