[mythtv-users] MythViewer 0.01 available

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Wed Mar 9 18:04:26 UTC 2005

> MythViewer is a little program [about 300 lines of Python] that
> I wrote to browse/view/delete MythTV programs.  I've made it
> available at <http://www.visi.com/~grante/mythviewer>.

Hi Grant,

That program looks great, but I can't get it to run.  I'm running Gentoo on
an AMD64 platform - first issue was lack of wx (I emerged wxpython) then
lack of MySQLdb (I emerged mysql-python) which was no big deal

Now that I supposedly have all the python libraries installed, I get the
following error when I run ./mv.py -v:
MythViewer version 0.01
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mv.py", line 397, in ?
    app = MyApp(False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/wx.py", line 1951, in
  __init__    _wxStart(self.OnInit)
  File "./mv.py", line 392, in OnInit
    frame = MyFrame(None,'MythViewer')
  File "./mv.py", line 222, in __init__
    self.Bind(wx.EVT_TREE_SEL_CHANGED, self.onSelChanged, self.tree)
AttributeError: MyFrame instance has no attribute 'Bind'

I'm not a Python programmer, so I have no idea what's wrong, but I thought
I'd report it to you, in hopes that it's something simple.

Thanks,

Greg