[mythtv-users] MythViewer 0.01 available

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Mar 9 17:01:00 UTC 2005

MythViewer is a little program [about 300 lines of Python] that
I wrote to browse/view/delete MythTV programs.  I've made it
available at <http://www.visi.com/~grante/mythviewer>.

If you want me to see follow-ups to this thread, do it quickly
as I'll only be on-list briefly. I read all my mailing lists
via gmane, and the powers-that-be refuse to allow this one to
be carried. [I don't really understand why. All but one of the
other other lists to which I used to subscribe are on gmane and
none of them seem to have any problems. So it goes.]

Extract from the above web page:

  What is it?

   MythViewer is a little program that lets you browse the
   database of recorded programs (both current and old) on a
   MythTV backend server. You can delete programs from either
   or both the current and old recorded database tables. When
   you delete a program from the current recordings, the .nuv
   and .png files are also deleted from the MythTV data
   directory.

   MythViewer also lets you watch programs by invoking mplayer
   on the .nuv file. When mplayer exits, you will be given the
   option of deleting the program.

  Why is it?

   I wrote MythViewer for a number of reasons:

     * I wanted to watch progams on my laptop, and the MythTV
       frontend requires too much horsepower to run on that
       machine. Mplayer and an NFS mounted .nuv file worked
       fine, but knowing which .nuv file to play was
       problematic.
     * I wanted to watch programs in a window while I did
       other stuff on the same computer. The MythTV frontend
       just isn't designed to run in a window on a "normal"
       X11 desktop with a mouse.
     * I wanted a quick and easy way to delete things from the
       both the current "recorded" and deleted-but-remembered
       "oldrecorded" tables.
     * I wanted a way to browse the recorded programs that was
       quick, easy and displayed more information than is
       easily shown by the MythTV front end.

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com