[mythtv-users] Commercial cutting & DVD burning

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Mar 8 12:44:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Praveen Shenoy wrote:

> Thanks to everybody for the replies. David, thx for the steps. A few question
> though. I installed avidemux as you suggested and opned one of my 30 minute
> clips. Maybe I missed something or didn't do it right. Here is what I came
> across....
> I also read some docs about cutting. The only way I could do was jump to the
> next black frame or the keyframe and then having marked the point a mark
> point b and cut it. But clicking on find next black frame, it kind of was
> going thru the video at the same pace as it would play, maybe a little faster
> but definitely did not finish in 5 mins. So, I am thinking I am missing
> something. Are you using the cutlist when you start avidemux? Can you give me
> some more info on cutting the clips once I open it in avidemux?

 	I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but there are three
different ways to move around a video from within avidemux:
1. Frame by frame
2. Keyframe by keyframe (approx 1/2 second each click)
3. Blank frame search (avidemux trys to figure out where the black frames
are... probably what you're talking about).

 	Using the mpeg2->mpeg2 cutting generates a cutlist for avidemux
using some mythtv/database/perl/configfilegenerating hackery.

-Cory