[mythtv-users] 1hr show == 66 minutes?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Mon Mar 7 13:33:11 UTC 2005

Andy Rabin [andy.rabin at gmail.com] wrote:

> I've been seeing this as well.  I did a search on the forum, and found
> similar problems that seemed to be fixed by doing an error check on
> the mythconverg database, and then re-commercial flagging the shows.
> After doing all that, my problem did not go away, so I'm very curious
> to see what may fix this, as it has essentially broken the commercial
> flagging.  BTW, I get variation now anywhere from 30 min to 1 1/2 hrs
> for a 1 hr show.

Its nice to know I'm not alone.  Maybe the problem only strikes people
named "Andrew" ;)

Are you also running an air2pc?  Or are you recording from some other
source?  My errors seem to be a fairly consistent at either 10% too
small, or 10% too large.  Never as much as yours.

Hoping it was a database issue, I rebuilt from a more recent CVS (the
old build I had been running was just after the commit in late
Feb. which "invisibly" changed how myth does database connections).
A show recorded and flagged after my rebuild was still off by 10%.

If you figure this out, please let me know.  I'll do the same for you..

Drew