[mythtv-users] 1hr show == 66 minutes?

Andy Rabin andy.rabin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 15:48:35 UTC 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:41:35 -0500, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin at cs.duke.edu> wrote:
> Andrew Gallatin [gallatin at cs.duke.edu] wrote:
> >
> > When watching one hour HD shows recorded by my Air2PC, I've noticed
> > that the progress meter claims the show is 1:05:29 long.  This is
> > off by roughly 10% from the real length of the show.
>
> The above behaviour seems to happen with NBC (Law and Order).  Last
> night I recorded some things from CBS, and the OSD shows a length of
> around 54 minutes for a one hour show ("Numbers" pilot) when doing fast
> forward or rewind.  And again, the commercial skip gets progressively
> further off as the show plays.
>
> So, NBC's shows are 10% "too long", and CBS shows are 10% "too small",
> which seems to mess up commercial skip.
>
> Is there some setting I have wrong?  Is this a bug that others have
> seen?  Please help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drew

I've been seeing this as well.  I did a search on the forum, and found
similar problems that seemed to be fixed by doing an error check on
the mythconverg database, and then re-commercial flagging the shows.
After doing all that, my problem did not go away, so I'm very curious
to see what may fix this, as it has essentially broken the commercial
flagging.  BTW, I get variation now anywhere from 30 min to 1 1/2 hrs
for a 1 hr show.