[mythtv-users] Re: 1080i

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 16:26:58 UTC 2005

Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Yeah, that's what I'm figuring. Though part of me is somewhat inclined
> to stick with the 9A60, since I can't xrandr with the component output
> (at least, not that I could figure out -- seems to be locked at 1080i)
> and I can't run a lower resolution inside the 1080i timings (let alone
> inside 540p timings) to perfectly fit my desktop like I'm doing with
> the 9A60. The gui looks much better in a 540p mode (no interlace
> jitter). We'll see what the update brings...

If you ever get a spare moment (ok, probably not likely!) could you add
more about xrandr and how you have the gui in 540p, and playback in
1080i?  Also, what resolution do you play SDTV in, and how do you know
when to switch?  And what about MythVideo, how do you decide what
resolution is needed to play a file?

Thanks!
  Jeff.