[mythtv-users] Re: 1080i

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Mar 6 08:03:34 UTC 2005

On Mar 5, 2005, at 7:38 PM, Harry Orenstein wrote:

> On Saturday 05 March 2005 6:56 pm, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I'll have to try my 9A60 again first, but it looks like I'm back to
>> that
>> for now. Seems to be a bug in the nVidia driver, if you ask me.
>
> Probably.  6200 is so new.  You're always on the cutting edge Jarod
> (or is
> that the bleeding edge?)   ;-)

Heh, a bit of both... ;-)

For the record, the problem doesn't exist when I switch to using the
VGA out of the 6200 through my 9A60. However, video playback doesn't
seem as smooth as it was with my 5200 and there's this occasional
(definitely not constant) high-pitched noise I never used to hear
before. Not sure if it is the fan yet, the frequency makes me think it
might be something else...

> (BTW: shouldn't be too long.  I believe there are Betas of the next
> release
> floating around somewhere, and it has been a while since 6629 was
> released)

Yeah, that's what I'm figuring. Though part of me is somewhat inclined
to stick with the 9A60, since I can't xrandr with the component output
(at least, not that I could figure out -- seems to be locked at 1080i)
and I can't run a lower resolution inside the 1080i timings (let alone
inside 540p timings) to perfectly fit my desktop like I'm doing with
the 9A60. The gui looks much better in a 540p mode (no interlace
jitter). We'll see what the update brings...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...