[mythtv-users] 1hr show == 66 minutes?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Sat Mar 5 15:41:35 UTC 2005

Andrew Gallatin [gallatin at cs.duke.edu] wrote:

> When watching one hour HD shows recorded by my Air2PC, I've noticed
> that the progress meter claims the show is 1:05:29 long.  This is
> off by roughly 10% from the real length of the show.

The above behaviour seems to happen with NBC (Law and Order).  Last
night I recorded some things from CBS, and the OSD shows a length of
around 54 minutes for a one hour show ("Numbers" pilot) when doing fast
forward or rewind.  And again, the commercial skip gets progressively
further off as the show plays.

So, NBC's shows are 10% "too long", and CBS shows are 10% "too small",
which seems to mess up commercial skip.

Is there some setting I have wrong?  Is this a bug that others have
seen?  Please help.

Thanks,

Drew