[mythtv-users] HD2000/HD3000 and the DVB drivers

Justin Schaub justinjschaub at cox.net
Sat Mar 5 15:10:13 UTC 2005

John,

Speaking from personal experience, I believe that you can probably start
tinkering with it, but depending on your configuration, linux distro.,
kernel version, etc. you will still probably have some minor
inconveniences/bugs.  I have Mythtv from CVS, V4L from CVS, DVB from CVS
and kernel 2.6.11-rc5, and I'm having some minor success (I'm in
Gilbert, AZ).  These are my observations so far:

- Mythtv has fairly good support for DVB. Mythtv auto detected my card,
and allowed me to scan for channels available without having to do any
configuration other then running through the setup.
- The DVB drivers for the HD3000 seem adequate, but the process to build
and install them took a little bit of work.  This also caused problems
with IVTV and I haven't yet been able to get them to co-exist.
- I haven't tried ATSC yet, but I can't seem to find the local broadcast
channels using QAM from my cable company (COX Phoenix).  All I get are
some strange spanish sports channel, the COX info channel (CLIC), and
the PPV preview channel (none in HD) but they are digital.

Justin

--
Justin Schaub
justinjschaub at cox.net