[mythtv-users] IR blaster questions

Pete Stagman tyrstag at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 02:12:47 UTC 2005

Scott,
There  are a bunch of options, including building your own blaster,
it's really not that hard.
Check out the how-to's Andy and I have made.
www.lircsetup.com
for multiple blasters check this page www.lircsetup.com/lirc/multi/
although I'm in the process of updating the multi page, you'll get the
basic idea.

--Pete

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:44:09 +0100, Scott Roland <scatterlined at mac.com> wrote:
> I am setting up a machine to work with a Sky Italia satellite receiver.
> I am trying to decide on which IR blaster to get. Although the USB-UIRT
> looks like it has the best engineering:
>    http://www.usbuirt.com/
>
> I really like the idea of the Red-Eye serial sitting right in front of
> the IR receiver on the Sky Italia box:
>    http://www.redremote.co.uk/serial/
>
> Is there another option I am missing?
>
> Is it possible to drive multiple blasters? I would like to have the
> MythTV machine send some commands to the large TV as well as the SKY
> box, but am trying to figure out how I can physically arrange things so
> that a single blaster can reach both.
>
> I have a Hauppauge 350 card, so I have the option of using its receiver,
>   will that serve my needs?
>
> I bought a TiVo/DirecTV remote because I think it is physically the best
> thing going, but now I am wondering if I should find a learning remote
> that can send the commands I want directly to the TV (in particular the
> 16:9 scaling button).
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Scott Roland