[mythtv-users] upgrading from CVS?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Thu Mar 3 00:26:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 05:21:04PM -0600, M S wrote:
> Hi!
>
>    I've been running CVS for a while now, but everytime I upgrade I'm
> not sure I'm doing it the best (read: correct) way.  What is the best
> way to upgrade a current myth install from CVS to a newer version of
> CVS?  I appreciate that help! :)

cvs update -dP

In each of your checked out directories, then make distclean and make
install in the mythtv package (to put the libraries in) and then
make distclean and make install in your plugins of choice.

Normally "cvs update" will do it but it doesn't bring in new directories
where there will be if you have not imported for a while.