[mythtv-users] I think mythweb 0.17 is killing mythbackend

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Tue Mar 1 04:48:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 09:33:44PM -0700, Shawn Asmussen wrote:
> Since we were on the subject, I decided to give mythweb another shot
> tonight. My mythbackend had been running for 11 days, without any
> troubles. I went into mythweb, and deleted 1 show, and my mythbackend
> process immediately died. There wasn't anything in the log to indicate
> any problems. After I started mythbackend back up, I tried deleting a
> few more shows, but I couldn't get it to die again. Maybe whatever the
> problem is, it's not likely to occur until after mythbackend has been
> running for a while. Or maybe it was just random chance. I don't
> really know. But, since I do seem to be able to produce the problem on
> purpose at least occasionally, maybe I'll recompile with the debug
> options on and try to get some gdb debug info to submit. It'll have to
> wait until at least next week though, since I'm moving this weekend,
> and won't have much free time until after that's done.

I've had similar problems with the backend crashing all the time, and it
all seems to be centered around the recorded_programs.php script.

I have since renamed it and have NOT used it and the backend has been
working flawlessly for over a week. I just haven't had the time to
find out exactly what it is that is making it crash.

I believe there were a few threads that pointed to it being whatever
section talks to the backend and creates the snapshot images of a
recording.

At any rate, NOT using that script seems to have solved my issues for
now.

--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://www.oddprocess.org

23:45:38 up 38 days, 9:25, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.08, 0.08