[mythtv-users] I think mythweb 0.17 is killing mythbackend

Shawn Asmussen shawn.asmussen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:33:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:14:31 +0100, Niklas Brunlid <nbr at ticalc.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:21:19 -0700, Shawn Asmussen
> <shawn.asmussen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've noticed issues with the 0.17 mythweb also. My mythbackend has
> > died on two separate occasions when I deleted a recording through
> > mythweb. I've pretty much stopped using mythweb altogether to keep my
> > system stable.
>
> I have exactly the same situation... had it on my Myth box (combined
> backend/frontend) both when it was running Gentoo and I upgraded from
> 0.16, and right now when I'm running FC3 installed using Jarod's guide
> last week.
>
> My mythweb still runs on another server (used that as a file server and
> netbooted the Myth box before), but everything else runs on the Myth box.

Since we were on the subject, I decided to give mythweb another shot
tonight. My mythbackend had been running for 11 days, without any
troubles. I went into mythweb, and deleted 1 show, and my mythbackend
process immediately died. There wasn't anything in the log to indicate
any problems. After I started mythbackend back up, I tried deleting a
few more shows, but I couldn't get it to die again. Maybe whatever the
problem is, it's not likely to occur until after mythbackend has been
running for a while. Or maybe it was just random chance. I don't
really know. But, since I do seem to be able to produce the problem on
purpose at least occasionally, maybe I'll recompile with the debug
options on and try to get some gdb debug info to submit. It'll have to
wait until at least next week though, since I'm moving this weekend,
and won't have much free time until after that's done.

Shawn Asmussen