[mythtv-users] is my processor to blame? (lockups, problems with FF and REW)

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 02:08:20 UTC 2005

I run mythbackend on FC3 with a 1 GHz P3 and a pinnacle capture card,
and the system is generally unstable.  I generally run my front end on
a 400 Mhz PII running KnoppMyth, and that system is more stable.

I know this isn't terribly helpful, but I often run other apps (mostly
firefox and bittorrent) while mythbackend is running, and I get a lot
of system crashes.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't believe FC3 is a terribly stable OS.