[mythtv-users] Direct TV implementation?

David Morris mythtv at morrisonthenet.com
Fri Jun 24 18:17:59 UTC 2005

If you're getting a DirecTivo box, why would you get a splitter?
Splitters don't really work with sat feeds anyway, unless you don't mind
changing channels on one box when you change the channels on the other.
The DirecTivo has 2 satellite inputs that requires 2 independant LNB
feeds.  What you need is a multi-switch that lets you convert a dual-LNB
dish input into multiple (4, 8, or more) independant satellite outputs.

DirecTivo works so well that I don't use Myth's TV functionality at all
-- the Myth box is strictly a video/DVD/audio convergence appliance for
me, which it does very well.  Our DirectTivo's  (I have two, and am
looking at maybe 2 more to replace my other two DTV receivers) handles
all the timeshifting and scheduled recordings on our house, because
frankly Tivo is hard to beat for what it does.

David