[mythtv-users] Problem: Mythfrontend "thinks" there are no
tommy.adkins at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 13:52:41 UTC 2005
A very strange thing just happened to my MythTV setup. All of a sudden, when attempting to view the listing of recorded shows, mythfrontend reports
"Sorry, there are no recordings." It worked fine a few days ago when I watched a new recording. Then I went away for the weekend and when I came back, this happened.
Myth .18.1 from apt-get repositories
Fedora Core 3
Installed using Jarod's guide
Here is what I've tried:
- I can use MythWeb to list them, and even delete them.
- Nuvexport sees them and allows me to convert them.
- The files exist in the /var/mythtv folder.
- An experience Linux friend of mine used Ethereal to sniff the traffic between the frontend and the backend, but it looks like they are talking.
- There are no error messages in the console window even when running if very verbose mode.
- Backend log reports nothing.
- I've restarted both frontend and backend and then rebooted and still no luck.
- Deleted all shows from the "recorded" table except one show that I've had in there for about 1 year and it still says the same thing.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions for troubleshooting this one? I am desperate here!
More information about the mythtv-users