[mythtv-users] [slightly OT] Radio Shack 15-2116 remote control

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:30:02 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm starting down the JP1 road.
>
> For starters (to give myself something to be happy about while I
> figure out this JP1 stuff) I just did the normal "learning"
> functionality with the remote and a wireless keyboard and quickly used
> up all the memory.

While JP1 is cool, the remote is considerably more capable that the
manual would let you believe, even without JP1. Check out
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/, go to codes and advanced codes
sections, the codes for your receiver might be there. I found codes
for my Tivo, didn't have to program a thing.

> I learned the volume keys to my audio receiver (a DVD
> home-theater-in-a-box), but noticed that I can't just hold down the
> volume key on the remote control. To get more than one "tick" of
> volume adjustment, I have to repeatedly press and release the RS
> 15-2116 volume key (e.g., I can't just hold down the 15-2116 volume
> key for a "big" volume adjustment).
>
> Is this normal? Is there a trick to being able to just hold down the
> volume key and have it work? This happens whether I'm in "My System"
> mode or "DVD" mode.
>
> The stock audio receiver remote control allows me to hold down the
> button.

It's not how my 15-2116 works, and it's not how most remotes work, so
I'd guess not normal. But if the regular audio receiver volume works
normally, then all you need is to enable volume lock (it forces volume
key to operate in one mode even when remote is in other modes) or use
keymover to copy volume keys from receiver mode to dvd mode.

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com