[mythtv-users] Feature wish: identify recording type

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:22:26 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> On 22-Jun-05, at 9:52 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
> > Just as a note.  You can see the file size on the Delete Recordings
> > screen
>
> Also, the program details you get from the U key includes the filesize.
> On my machine mpeg2 recordings are 2 gigs per hour and mpeg4 ones are a
> third of that so I can guess the format from the filesize.

Ah, didn't know about U key. Yes, this lets me guess whether I
transcoded or not, so it's justa matter of two extra key presses, I
can live with that.

I guess this means that the file size information must be accessible
to the GUI after all.

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com