[mythtv-users] A few DVB setup questions

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Tue Jun 21 12:44:23 UTC 2005

Michael Anthon wrote:

>>enabled... a definite killer.  After a (not so) quick recompile to put
>>the IDE driver into the kernel and a reboot I was able to record very
>>nice looking video BUT I have no audio.  The machine has no audio output
>>(and hence no usable /dev/dsp) but I wouldn't have thought that would
>>matter for mpeg2 recording from a DVB card??  Is there something obvious
>>I have missed here?

OK, answering my own post again, I found the problem.  Was reading
through the forums and saw someone had a similar problem and the
solution was to switch from PS to TS mode for the recording and now I
have sound... YAY !

I also used dvbtune and scan to get all the magic numbers I needed to
build the channels and dvt_multiplex tables for the channels that
refused to auto tune (the tuner just hung at 50% and I had to cancel them).

Now I have a setup with all 7 available FTA DVB channels.

My next question I will leave for another post since it's not really
related to this thread.

Cheers,
Michael