[mythtv-users] Problems with sound

rick schultz rick.schultz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:08:34 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, Scott Simpson <mythtv-users at scottsimpson.tv> wrote:
> 2. When I exit mythfrontend, it still plays the sound. Is is supposed to
> turn off the sound on the card or the Line In?
> 3. There is a delay between the person speaking and the sound (I don't
> get this delay with tvtime). Is this because the Bt878 card is a
> software decoding card? Is there any way to get around this?

Sounds like you're getting the TV audio feed directly through the
soundcard's mixer, rather than from mythfrontend itself.  Try this:

Set your line-in to record, then turn the volume all the way down (or
mute it).  You may have a separate "capture" or "input gain" setting
to control the recording volume (depending on your card and mixer
program); make sure it's set appropriately.  Then make sure your
master and pcm controls are set so you can hear the audio coming from
mythfrontend.

-rick