[mythtv-users] Single key press on remote control produces multiple characters

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:14:49 UTC 2005

On 15/06/05, Neale Swinnerton <mythtv-users.spam at isismanor.com> wrote:

> Have a look at the 'delay' arg in your .lircrc

I've just spent the weekend setting up a universal remote.  Using irw
I can see that a key press always generates at least 2 duplicate codes
and normally 3 or 4.  However this only gets translated as a single
press within MythTV.

I don't have any 'delay' argument in my lircrc file.  I assumed that
it was the 'repeat' argument (set to 4) against each keycode that was
doing the filtering.  If you're seeing 6 repeats you may need to up
this value.